It’s hard to write when you’re speechless, which is how the world is leaving me. Between the unspeakable garbage of this sick admin, and previously mentioned setbacks closer to home, I’m at a loss for words.
So, just to be different, let me list some positive things. I know, totally out of character, but I used to take a lot for granted that many people can’t. Living here is teaching me not to ever do that, because you never know what can happen.
- My son is alive (also the Bobs), and I can still access my family in some form.
- I have a roof over my head, relative health, food to eat, utilities, and the internet.
- I have someone to live with who isn’t leaving or kicking me out (so far!).
- The tenants-from-hell haven’t burned the place down, or crosses on the lawn, yet.
- We still have hopes of getting out of this hellhole in the foreseeable future.
- We have a friend, who lets me weed his garden and play with cats, for mental therapy.
- I no longer have to slave my ass off for somebody and kill myself simply to survive/repeat.
Well, that’s all I have for now. Killing time sucks; I don’t recommend it. I try to make the most of what time I have left. My vestigial negative attitudes are a stubborn holdout, a work in progress. But I’m learning to be thankful for what I do have, which is more than many do.